Sunday, April 25, 2010

A New Hope

I'm going to get back into blogging. I just realized I haven't posted in about four months. I've been spending so much time on the computer doing other things that I don't like to spend any additional time blogging...But, I'm committing myself to a new post once a week from now on. I do enjoy looking back on old posts and am sad that for the last four months I have nothing to look back on!

Olive and I have just been hanging out for the most part. We have been experiencing the highs and lows of our new life and surviving the best we can. Olive, as always, has been a huge source of comfort and encouragement.
My divorce is going to be final in a couple weeks. The past six months, waiting for it to finalize, have been the best and worst six months...EVER. I wish I could say it has been a gradual change from bad to good, but unfortunately the good, the bad, and the ugly get so jumbled at times I can hardly tell one from the other.
Lisa gave me this quote she had used in a lesson a while ago and it soon became my constant prayer, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." I still have good days and bad, but in general, I feel at peace. I have accepted the unfortunate course of my marriage. I have reached a point where I am ready for the divorce to be final, not happy or excited, just ready.
I am looking forward to new adventures and know that good things are in store for me and Olive.

7 comments:

  1. You are awesome and strong! That is a great quote, Hang in there girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we are all thinking of you Kaylee and I am looking forward to your new posts. I miss seeing you guys as often. Come by and play sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. About time you did another blog post! I was just looking at all my friends who haven't done blog posts in months and you were one of them! I love reading your posts (and everyone else's so keep doing them frequently!) It gives me something to read in the middle of the night while I'm eating a yucky banana or some other type of food to keep from being sick. :)

    Excited to see you guys in just two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the part where you said that you were just ready for it to be final, not happy or excited. It is such a bittersweet time for you and you are approaching it the best way possible. Just continue to look forward at "what it can be" and don't look back at "what it could have been." You have so much adventure and love in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little Olive is so cute! Can't wait to see you in a week and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kaylee I think of you everyday. You are a special person and the future is bright for you. I wish you the best.

    Your Friend Mainou

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow… what a great blog . thanks for the sharing the superb information. i like this blog. its a nice information and its a nice sharing…..
    double girder eot crane manufacturer | hoist manufacturer

    ReplyDelete